- All living things have their basic needs to stay alive.
- They will die if their basic needs are not fulfilled for a long time.
- The basic needs of humans and animals (animals. birds, insects, snakes ) are :-
and the sun)
* Food ( to grow/get energy)
* Water ( to control body temperature)
* Air (to breathe)
Examples of humans Shelter
Examples of animals Shelter
Coral reef Cage
Bee nest Ant nest
a) Humans and Animals needs Shelter to:-
- protect themselves from danger
- protect from the sun
- protect from rain
* Comfortable homes and good environment will make people and animals make happy and healthy .
* Different animals live in different places . Such as:-
- land and water
Humans food Animals food
- repairing of tissues
- defence against diseases
- producing heat to keep the body warm
* Humans and animals will die without food.
Water is assential to humans and animals.
- maintain the body temperature
- transport digested food throughout the body
- help in removing waste from the body
- help in blood circulation
* Humansshould drink about eight glasses of water daily.
Vegetables ,milk and fruits contain water.
ii) LIVING THINGS CAN BREATHE ...
Without food, your body would die in a matter of weeks. Without water, you would day in days.
How long do you think you would live without oxygen? As an experiment, see how long you can hold your breathe. How quickly does your body let you know it needs more air? It will proved you body need air to stay alive.
Examples of humans respiration
iii) LIVING THINGS CAN REPRODUCE ...
* Animals reproduce by giving birth and laying eggs.
* Humans some animals reproduce by giving birth